It is important to understand the distribution of individuals for a single variable. This module describes how to construct graphs and compute numerical summaries for one quantitative and categorical variables. These results will be used to construct synthetic descriptions of the distribution of the variables in the next module.
After completing this module, you should be able to ...
- Compute measures of center (mean and median) by hand.
- Compute mesures of dispersion (standard deviation, IQR, and range) by hand.
- Construct a histogram.
- Construct a boxplot.
- Construct frequency tables by hand.
- Construct percentage tables by hand.
- Construct a bar chart.
Preparation for Class
- Primary Resources (10 pages, 33 mins)
- Secondary Resources