The simplest hypothesis test occurs when one is making a claim that the population mean is equal to a specific value and the population standard deviation is known. This hypothesis test is called a 1-sample Z-test and is the focus of this module. Performing this test will serve as an introduction to more realistic tests in subsequent modules.
After completing this module, you should be able to ...
- Understand the specifics of a one-sample Z-test.
- Perform the 11-steps of a significance test in a one-sample Z-test situation.
Preparation for Class
Use the materials below to answer the questions on this preparation guide.
- 11 Steps for Any Hypothesis Test [5 mins]
- 1-Sample Z-Test Example [12 mins]
- 1-Sample Z-test in R [6 mins]