Examining Single Variables
Load Fire.csv into an R data frame called
firedf (and examine its structure). [Note: You did this in the Getting Data into R class example … just copy your code from that script.]
- Examine the stand type (i.e.,
- Examine the litter depth (i.e.,
Filtering Data Frames
For each question below indicate the number of individuals in the resultant data.frame. Make sure to show the resultant data.frame in your R Code and Results section.
- Isolate just the deciduous stand types.
- Isolate the stands with a litter depth less than 2 cm.
- Isolate the stand types that are either coniferous or mixed-coniferous.
- Isolate stands that were coniferous (not including mixed-coniferous) and had a litter depth greater than 2 cm.
- Isolate all stands that had a litter depth between 1 and 1.5 cm.