The following link to answers for frequently asked questions by Northland College students in the Statistical Concepts and Analysis course. Other questions may be answered in the module readings or e-mailing Derek Ogle].
- How do I watch the class preparation videos?
- Can I get the “full” MS Office products for my own computer?
- Is it possible to print to college printers from my own computer?
- How can I print class materials?
R and RStudio Related
Installing R and RStudio
- How do I install R?
- How do I install RStudio?
- How do I install
- How Can I use R/RStudio on the Cloud?
- How Can I use R/RStudio with a ChromeBook?
- When I load
NCStats, R cannot find some other packages.
- Why can’t R find
- Why is the R prompt a “+” rather than a “>”?
- How do I find the names of objects I have created?
- What do I do when R says that “a previously saved workspace has been restored”?
- I accidentally saved the workspace image. How do I remove it?
- Why can’t R find the XXX function?
Reading Data Files
- Where are the data files that Prof. Ogle provides for us?
- How do I fix a CSV file that downloaded as a text file?
- Is there an easy way to enter data into R?
- Can I use Google Sheets to enter data?
- How do I change the working directory?
- Why can’t
read.csv()find my data file?
- Why are my variables are labelled with Xs?
- How should data from two groups be entered?
Using Data Frames and Subsetting
- How do I select one group of a factor variable?
- How do I select two groups of a factor variable?
- Why do unwanted groups still appear after I have subsetted a data.frame?
- Why does my frequency table or bar chart contain unwanted levels?
- How can I reorder the levels of my categorical variable?
- Why can’t R find
- Why does the df for my two-sample t-test contain decimals?
- Why does R say the alternative hypothesis is true, even though the p-value>alpha?
- What does the warning from