Note Your answers to the questions below should follow the expectations for homework found here. Date due shown here.
- How many exams will there be this semester?
- How many news item reflection papers will you write this semester?
- Describe how your homework assignments will be graded?
Concepts from Class Pre-Requisites
- Write the equation of a line and fully interpret the meanings of the slope and intercept.
- Sketch exponential and logistic population growth over time (suppose that the population starts at very low numbers in year 1 and there is a positive growth rate).
- Define density-dependent and density-independent? Describe at least two density-dependent responses that are typical for a population of fish.
- Define intra-specific and inter-specific competition.
- Give examples of three abiotic and three biotic factors that may impact fish or fish populations.
- Briefly describe the “Four Fs of Fish” according to Lynch and Taylor (2013).
- What are your career goals and how does this class fit into them?