Climate scientists often need to understand the relationship between different climate variables and particular locations. One area of interest for specific models is an estimate of the relationship (if any) between average monthly preciptation and average monthly temperature (such that preciptation may be predicted from temperature). Average monthly high and low temperatures and preciptation for Ashland, WI can be found on this Wikipedia page). Load the average high (be careful, NOT the record high) and average preciptation from this page into R and use it to answer the questions below. [Note: Please use metric units for both variables]
- Is there a significant relationship between average monthly precipitation and average monthly high temperature for Ashland, WI? If so, specifically describe that relationship (with appropriate interval)?
- Interpret the value of the intercept (with appropriate interval) from your regression model and comment on whether is is proper to interpret this value.
- Predict (with appropriate interval) the mean average monthly precipitation if the average monthly high temperature is 10oC.
- Predict (with appropriate interval) the average monthly precipitation if the average monthly high temperature is 10oC.
- Provide a plot that illustrates your results.