The following are links to answers for frequently asked questions by Northland College students in the Statistical Concepts and Analysis course. Other questions may be answered in the module readings or e-mailing Derek Ogle.
Installing R and RStudio
- How do I install
- When I load
NCStats, R cannot find some other packages.
- Why can’t R find
- Why is the R prompt a “+” rather than a “>”?
- How do I find the names of objects I have created?
- What do I do when R says that “a previously saved workspace has been restored”?
- I accidentally saved the workspace image. How do I remove it?
- Why can’t R find the XXX function?
Reading Data Files
- Where are the data files that Prof. Ogle provides for us?
- How do I fix a CSV file that downloaded as a text file?
- Is there an easy way to enter data into R?
- Can I use Google Sheets to enter data?
- How do I change the working directory?
- Why can’t
read.csv()find my data file?
- Why are my variables are labelled with Xs?
- How should data from two groups be entered?
Using Data Frames and Subsetting
- How do I select two groups of a factor variable?
- Why do unwanted groups still appear after I have subsetted a data.frame?
- Why does my frequency table or bar chart contain unwanted levels?
- How can I reorder the levels of my categorical variable?
- Why can’t R find
- Why does the df for my two-sample t-test contain decimals?
- Why does R say the alternative hypothesis is true, even though the p-value>alpha?
- What does the warning from
- How should my homework assignments be formatted?
- How do I make Word single space my document?
- How do I easily make my tabular results from R line-up in MSWord?
- How do I make Greek symbols in MSWord?
- Watching class preparation videos
- Can I get the “full” MS Office products for my own computer?
- Is it possible to print to college printers from my own computer?