Why is Statistics a required course for many majors at Northland College? Why does Statistics meet the quantitative reasoning requirement of the Connections curriculum? This module is designed to help you identify answers to these questions.
After completing this module, you should be able to ...
- Describe the two major goals of statistics and why they are important.
- Define natural and sampling variability.
- Explain why statistics is important to their field of study.
Preparation for Class
You should read this and watch these videos:
- Why Statistics? [4 mins] … alt version
- What is Statistics? [12 mins] … alt version
- Why You Need to Study Statistics [3 mins] … alt version
- What is Important About Statistics in Psychology? [6 mins] … alt version (stop at 5:33)