R is fast becoming the primary software for performing statistical analyses in many industries and areas of study. This module is designed to introduce you to R, describe foundational concepts of R, and explain how to enter data into R. R will be used for specific applications in other modules.
After completing this module, you should be able to ...
- Describe what R and RStudio are.
- Enter data into R data.frames.
- Create data.frames that are subsets of larger data.frames.
Preparation for Class
You should read this and watch these videos:
- What is R? [2 mins]
- What’s Up with R? [3 mins]
- Retrieve Data from Webpage [3 mins] OUT-OF-DATE (will be updated in class)
- Enter Your Own Data (with Excel) [4 mins] or Enter Your Own Data (without Excel) [4 mins]
- Load Data into RStudio [6 mins]
- Subset data.frame with filterD [6 mins]