To prepare for this module, please answer the following questions from the preparation readings and videos. Please contact the professor if you have questions.
- Define statistical inference.
- What are (i.e., list) the 11 steps of any hypothesis test?
- What is the null hypothesis in a 1-Sample Z-Test? [Write your answer using statistical symbols and as a sentence.]
- What is the statistic in a 1-Sample Z-Test?
- What is the test statistic in a 1-Sample Z-Test? [What is the symbol and the equation for this test statistic?]
- What is the formula to compute a confidence region in a 1-Sample Z-Test?
- What are the assumptions of a 1-Sample Z-Test?
- What characteristics define when a 1-Sample Z-Test will be used?
- What R function is used to perform a 1-Sample Z-Test with raw data?